You can add a librarian to any of your Canvas courses. This is particularly helpful if your students' coursework involves a lot of research and could benefit from a librarian's help. Please contact the librarian beforehand to let them know you would like to add them to your course.
To add a librarian to your Canvas course:
1. Find the librarian you would like to add to your course.
2. In Course Navigation, click the People link.
3. Click the Add People button.
4. To add the user, search for them by either their email address or Net-ID.
5. In the Role drop-down menu, select the Librarian role and in the Section drop-down menu, select a section of the course. Then click Next.
6. A box will appear with the librarian's name. In this box, click on Add Users.