An alternative method to using permalinks is to add a chapter of an EBSCO eBook to your Canvas course. Note that there is a limit to the number of pages you can download.
1. Go to the Library home page and click on Databases
2. Select Database Types and choose eBooks
3. Click on eBook Collection (EBSCOhost)
4. Search for the title of the book or do a key word search
5. Click on a title to display the detailed record
6. In the detailed record for the title, click on the Table of Contents link on the left side of the screen
7. Click on the specific chapter title that you wish to download and select the download icon to the right of the chapter title to save it. Note that there is a limit to the number of pages you can download.
Follow the directions for steps 1 through 4 above.
5. After clicking on the title and displaying the detailed record, look for the field called: Concurrent User Level.
This will tell you how many copies are available for simultaneous/concurrent use or how many views of the title are available.