An alternative method to using library catalog permalinks is to link to a ProQuest eBook to your Canvas course. Note that there is a limit to the number of pages you can download.
1. Go to the Library home page and click on Databases
2. Select Database Types and choose eBooks
3. Click on Ebook Central (Ebrary, Proquest Ebook Central)
4. Search for the title of the book or do a key word search
5. Click on a title to display the detailed record
6. Under "Availability", you can see the different options for downloading sections of the book.
7. You can also click "Share Link to Book" on the left hand side to create a permalink for your students.
Follow the directions for steps 1 through 4 above.
5. After clicking on the title and displaying the detailed record, look under Availability.
This will tell you how many copies are available for simultaneous/concurrent use or how many views of the title are available.
This means that we have a limited number of loans per year for that title (number of loans varies by title) and unlimited simultaneous user access. A loan instance is defined as access by an individual patron within a 24-hour period that exceeds the free browse period (10 minutes) or if the user chooses to download, copy or print from the eBook. Once all loans are used up for a title, we will no longer have access to the title. Loan days renew on the anniversary of a purchase.