The aim of this guide is to familiarize students and faculty here at MSU with the business research sources available in the Sprague Library. It will not be an exhaustive list, but will touch on the major kinds of tools the library provides. Use the table of contents below to explore the guide. The table of contents has summaries of what is covered in each section.
Suggestions for additions to the guide, ways to make it clearer or for new resources that would add to the depth Thank you,
of the library's collection are welcome.
Suggestions for additions to the guide, ways to make it clearer or for new resources that would add to the depth
Industry Research Basics:
1. Identify industries to research.
2. Find industry overviews.
3. Identify the major companies in each industry.
4. Find financial information for individual companies.
5. Search for macroeconomic factors influencing an industry.
Articles & Databases:
Descriptions of the main journal indexes and business data sources available at the Sprague Library.
Free sources of economic and industrial statistics online.
The JerseyClicks program makes about thirty databases available
to anyone with a library card from a public library in NJ.
Business Databases Available through JerseyClicks:
- Business Source Elite | ReferenceUSA
- Job and Career Accelerator | Regional Business News