Locating Maps in the Library
Frequently used atlases are kept on the atlas shelves behind the Reference desk. Maps from the Government Documents are kept in the cabinets next to the Government Document Collection in the Reference area. Other maps and atlases may be shelved with the subject concerned.
- Guide to Citing Maps & Atlases (McMasterU)
- Introduction to Maps by PhysicalGeography.net
- AGI GIS Dictionary (Association for Geographic Information and the University Of Edinburgh)
- Topographic Map Symbols (USGS)
- Topographic map scales and the General Land Office Grid (Utah Geological Survey)
How to find atlases & maps in the online catalog